Covid 19 Updates
May 19, 2020
We’re putting your safety first
We’re thrilled to announce our office is open for regular hygiene appointments and emergent care. As a dental practice, we have always taken great pride in putting the health and safety of our patients and staff first. Dental practices have always had advanced infection control procedures. We know now, more than ever, our patients want assurances that every preventative measure is in place.
As BC enters the second phase of reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve changed our clinic practices to ensure minimal physical contact where possible, every step of the way.
We’ll contact you before your appointment to ask you a number of health-related questions. It is crucial that we conduct this pre-visit COVID-19 screening questionnaire; if we are unable to do so, we will reschedule your visit for a later date.
Please know that we have your safety top of mind. Here are the changes we’ve made to keep you, and our team, safe:
- Pre-screening – we’ll conduct an assessment of each patient, including taking their temperature, on the day of the appointment
- Monitoring – we take each staff member’s temperature and monitor for any symptoms of illness at the start and end of each workday
- Contactless payment – we will only accept tap options for payment
- Personal protective equipment – in addition to fit-tested N95 masks, gloves, gowns, face shields and gloves, we’ve installed plexiglass shields at our reception counters
- Limited access – only patients and treatment providers will be allowed in treatment areas. We ask for your understanding as you will not be able to accompany your children during their appointment
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced throughout the office
- Disinfecting – all surfaces will be cleaned thoroughly after each patient
- Bathrooms will be available to patients only – no public access
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We’re here to help!
The Eagle Creek Village Team
March 27, 2020
All staff who were exposed at the Pacific Dental Conference in Vancouver from March 5th-7th, and any staff that came in contact with those who were at the conference, have been in self-isolation.
Yesterday marked the end of their isolation and every staff member is asymptomatic.
Please be mindful that staying home as much as possible, with or without exposure, is the best course of action at this time and we encourage everyone to continue to do so if possible.
If you have further questions please call the BC COVID-19 hotline at 811. They are the best source of information and take direction from BC’s Public Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry.
March 18, 2020
Our dental offices — Otter Point Dental in Sooke, Eagle Creek Village Dental in View Royal, Campus Dental Center at the University of Victoria, and Cadboro Bay Dental have now closed due to COVID-19 and the exposure of a few of our staff to the virus.
We had staff members from each of the four offices in attendance at the Pacific Dental Association Conference in Vancouver.
We have since been in contact with BC COVID-19 hotline and Public Health Officer and they have urged the following:
If you are a patient at ANY of our four locations and have been in contact with any of our staff after March 7th until our office closures March 17th, you must self-quarantine immediately for the 14-day period from the date of your visit.
We are abiding by the information that we received from the Public Health Officer, Bonnie Henry who provides direction to BC 811 and BC COVID-19 Hotline. While this is precautionary instruction, it is imperative that we take this seriously as our patients and their health are our number one priority.
Otter Point will be staffed with any staff that has not been exposed and will remain open for essential emergency work.