Dental Checkups twice yearly are a vital part of your dental health.
Twice a year is the standard recommendation to visit your dentist for dental checkups, examinations and cleanings.
Regular check-ups are important for good dental health:
- discover early indications of decay
- detect issues that you may not see or feel
- effectively deal with oral health problems
Your check-up includes a careful analysis of your teeth and gums for any signs of gingivitis, cavities or any other potential dental health problems. We examine the soft tissue and skin inside your mouth and previous treatments will be checked and evaluated including implants, fillings or crowns. We will also take digital X-rays to find any decay or wear. You can be assured we will look at:
- Tiny cracks or fractures
- Restorations that are not in good shape and need repair, like fillings, crowns or bridges
- Root cavities or cavities that are causing the gums to pull away or recede from the teeth
- Wisdom teeth that may require extraction
- Any early indications of gum disease
- Any early signs of oral cancer
- Any signs of other oral disease